Yoga Therapeutics and Private Yoga Lessons with Eileen Muir
Why Do Yoga Therapeutics or a Private Yoga Lesson?
You may book a private session with Eileen. In this 1-hour session, or longer, you could explore a variety of issues with Eileen’s guidance. This may include:
- How to deepen your home yoga practice, overcome obstacles, receive support and guidance with your asana, and have a tailored sequence from Eileen to suit your needs; If you have a condition such as chronic pain, insomnia, anxiety, depression, eating disorders, Eileen can work with you to offer insights, practices and approaches to bring more ease to your life.
- How to apply yoga philosophy off the mat in your daily life.
- How to support and mentor you as a yoga teacher. This could include help with sequencing and, linking classes, how to help people with special needs, themes for your classes, and more.
- How to develop a pranayama practice from basic to advanced.
- How to develop meditation and practice practices to support your personal growth
- Or any combination of the above.
A private therapeutics session may also be for people who do not feel ready, confident, or safe attending yoga class. To book an appointment Please email me at:
Eileen is a certified yoga therapist by the International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT).
The Therapeutic Method:
Yoga Therapeutics targets a number of areas in the body by using a series of individualized postures chosen to address the imbalances in these specific areas. All of the postures are taught in a precise, methodical, and conscious manner. The sequence is focus is on the bones, joints, muscles, breath, and consciousness. As a student progresses in personal practice, he or she is progressively able to stay in poses with lightness and ease. Maintaining the posture in a dynamic state allows positive physical and psychological changes to occur, which brings the student closer to peacefulness, equanimity and inner connection.
The Therapeutic Method Consists of:
- Specific instruction on how yoga can ease various ailments and stress and build strength in all of the systems of the body.
- Props to adjust the poses for those people who are inflexible or unable to do the pose and also to facilitate more opening.
- Standing poses to develop strength, stability, and stamina. If a student can not do the poses, we modify with props, as for example, using chairs and the floor and the wall.
- Initial postures address the gross imbalances, and these postures are followed by more challenging poses to address the deeper and more subtle layers of challenge or injury.
- Opposing muscular actions and internal traction, which increase disc and joint space while strengthening the muscles.
- Each sequence to increase the student’s understanding of how to work correctly.
- An tailored sequence for the student to take home and practice. Once the student has worked on the sequence and experienced personal changes, the sequence will be modified to respond to the changes that are taking place.
- Passive postures which help to highlight student’s pain. These postures enable the student to learn different actions necessary to maintain stability.
Reasons for a private or therapeutic session:
People eat for a private therapeutics session for many different reasons:
- Before surgery
- After surgery
- Recovering from sugery
- Improving energy
- Injury (you may have tried many different modalities and are feeling frustrated because there has not been much improvement)
- Back pain
- Sacroiliac joint pain
- Neck and shoulder problems
- Knee problems
- Depression and anxiety
- Headaches and migraines
- Hormonal challenges
- Dietary challenges
- Gastrointestinal issues
- Body image
- Eating disorders
- Menstrual problems
- Muscle strain
- Strains and sprains
- Breathing irregularities
- High blood pressure
- Low blood pressure
- Strength and fitness
- There are many more!
Whatever your reason for coming to yoga therapeutics, you will receive an hour-long guided and tailored treatment so you can take it home, do your own practice, and learn to heal your body and mind. You will have consistent check with the teacher and the sequence will be modified as you continue to see positive results and changes in your body.
Book a Session
Please email me at email@example.com if you would like to schedule a private yoga class or lesson with Eileen and we will respond shortly with our availability. Please note that at least 24 hours’ notice is required to receive a full refund for a scheduled appointment.